background

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Jocelyn, the Collector

This post is mostly for my Mom to see Jocelyn's latest feather collection in France.  She and my Mom are both collectors at heart, and they both love feathers.  Jocelyn asks to go for a walk every day so she can find feathers for her collection and also to find feathers for Grandma's collection back home.  Though I know my Mom won't want any of these old mostly pidgeon feathers, it's cute of Jocelyn to want to share with her.  We collected these 46 feathers in just two outings.  There are birds here everywhere. 

5 comments:

irenekblack said...

Way to go Jocelyn. I can't wait to see your collection. You are awesome!! Grandpa and I are missing all of you so much but we know you need to be in France right now. Love Grandma

Brando said...

Did you guys have something to do with Kaylee all of a sudden starting to collect feathers about a month ago? I wondered where that came from... Julie loves it ;)

Ju Ju said...

That is so funny! Like Brandon said, Kaylee started finding feathers about the same time you guys left. There are some big ones in our yard! That is quite the collection you have. I just see you guys on your collecting walks. So fun!

CAHOON CLAN said...

Hi Pierce Family-I am blog stocking off the Kartchner's. My daughter was looking around and found "the church in France!" so I had to check it out. You guys are my idol. Have fun on your year old adventure.--Sherrie Cahoon

Richard H. Glassford II said...

Love the feathers! What a great activity for young and old alike. I have been to school a week or so this summer and have my room set up and ready to go. Lynne and I were talking about how different it is going to be without you. We are really going to miss your positive encouragement and friendship. Your blog is awesome, we will be visiting often. Next week we start school in earnest.

Enjoy your experience,

Rich