background

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Our New Favorite Sport


Jenica and Jocelyn have been taking tennis lessons since June.  Their coach is from Morocco (Casablanca), and his name is Franck, but he has been living in France since he was 10 years old.  My girls really like him; he's very patient.  They have enjoyed a group approach to tennis where they have a 90 minute lesson with 2-4 other kids.  I have noticed a marked improvement in their playing ability even though it's just been 6 months.  They still aren't quite able to rally with one another across the net, but they'll get there. I have decided this is a really good sport for my girls, and I will keep them involved in tennis for as long as I can, even when we come back to the U.S.  where there are a lot of other options for them.  I just hope they continue to enjoy it as much as I enjoy watching them play!










5 comments:

Heather Whitworth said...

"Give it tu meee!" :)

Love it!!!!

Jase said...

We've LOVED having the girls in tennis lessons, because we're finally taking advantage of the incredible climate here. The girls have improved a lot from when they first hit their other arm with their racket arm. But listening to instructions, running drills, and working on coordination has been good for them. Franck is pretty patient, plus he has a cool accent, and that exotique North African B.O. Kinda spicy.

Lisa Brandow said...

Such cute girls.

Lisa

Melissa@thebblog said...

have to admit, like Heather my only thought during this post was "geev eet to meeeee"

Ju Ju said...

KK loves tennis too. Brandon played in HS so I guess it runs in the family. We go play sometimes, but not a lot. It is hard with the little ones. When you guys get back we will have to go together.