background

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Jocelyn's New 'do

Joci has been begging me for weeks to cut her hair to a chin-length bob.  I have been putting it off because first, I am unskilled at cutting hair, but also because I liked her hair long--it was easy to put in a ponytail, easy to style long and straight, easy to put in braids or pigtails with ribbons and bows, and I thought she looked so cute with long hair.  I also worried short hair would make her face look overly round.  So silly--I think I have read too many fashion magazines!  Anyway, it took me an hour, but here's the finished product.  I think she looks adorable.  I absolutely love Jocelyn with short hair, much more than I thought I would.
BEFORE--this was taken the first of September, so her hair was even a little longer than this.

AFTER-I think she looks great!



You may wonder why I didn't just take her to a salon to get it cut rather than do it myself.  I promise I have good reasons.  Not only is it super expensive for just a simple cut in the salons here, but they also try to sell you a gazillion hair products too, even if they have to insult you and your hair to do it.  Usually, I am kind of a sucker and buy way more than I should, then I have buyer's remorse along with a complex about my hair.  It's not a pretty picture.  Most people I have talked to have had similar experiences.  So, overall, it's much easier and cheaper to just do it myself.  If she had wanted a complicated style, that would have been different. 




I love you Joci girl! I'll listen to you right away next time.

7 comments:

Katie C. said...

So cute!

Team Pierce said...

My face is round too and short hair looks good. You did a good job cutting it too Tiff.

Jase said...

I love the new hairstyle, but I was not that excited to hear she already wanted highlights. I hope Tiffany's next husband can handle this anticipated Style budget for these mademoiselles.

Heather Whitworth said...

So so so so cute. It makes her look more grown up too. She is such doll. And I love your cute Christmas Tree in the background.

MP Flory said...

Haleigh just cut her hair too. Little girls don't worry about "round faces." i'm glad you gave in!

Lisa Brandow said...

Joci looks so grown up with this new haircut. It's so cute.

Lisa

Heather Whitworth said...

Joci, you are the cutest 7 year old ever with your new hair cut. I just love it. Loos like you have your Christmas tree up. Have a Merry Christmas. Love, Grandma