background

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

First Day of School


Last Monday, September 5th, was our first day of school.  Jenica and Jocelyn started "Form 3" (which is 2nd grade), and Maisy is in a class called "Reception" (4-5 year old preschool).  Like all Moms, I had mixed feelings about the kids going back to school.  Mostly because this is the first year that all three girls are in full-day school, so I have every day to myself.  In some ways that's great for me, but in other ways, that's an awful lot of time to fill until they get home each day. 

Today is Tuesday, so it's now the 7th day they have been in school, and . . .so far I am loving it as much as they are!  I've managed to stay very busy, and I am always surprised that it's already time to go pick them up at the end of the school day. It's funny how that works.



This pose is what Jeni came up with when I told her to "show me you are excited for school to start!"

They were all beyond ready and so thrilled to start classes, but especially Maisy.  The first thing she had asked me every day for two full weeks before school started was a very hopeful: "Mom, is it school today?"  She was always so disappointed when I told her, "almost, but not yet."  I worried Maisy might have a hard time being away from me all day, but honestly, she gives me a kiss and hug in the morning, walks through the school gate with her teacher and doesn't even look back.  I have never seen a child more eager to learn and socialize.  She absolutely loves it!  Yesterday she brought home her first "homework," and she was practically giddy to show me what she got to do (it was just some little picture books to look at and discuss with me).



I think I overshot on the backpacks.  They are cute, but way too big.  The twins stopped using them after the first week.




Here's to hoping things continue to go as well as they have the last 7 school days!!  Happy "Back to School" to all of you out there ( though probably a little later than you are used to).  May your pencils stay as sharp as your wits.

3 comments:

MP Flory said...

Congrats on getting first day of school pics out there. I'm still catching up on my blog and haven't even gotten to July. Your girls are cute as always!

Jase said...

The girls were all BEAUCOUP excited for the school year to start. Mostly Tiff, and then secondarily our daughters as well. The comfort level of starting year 2 in a foreign country is already a stark contrast to the feeling of "everything new and confusing" that we experienced last year. The girls should do very well this year in school! I wish the same could be said for our attempts to teach them to ride their bikes without training wheels...

peachytiffers said...

They are just sooooo darling!!